Sunday, June 27, 2010

Made in Weston market - 26th of June

I didn't put any new posts on my blog because I was very busy. Two weeks ago I decided to look for some new outlets for my crafty-arty pieces. I remembered someone mentioned the Made in Weston website ( http://www.madeinweston.co.uk// ). This website was founded to promote Weston as a thriving arts and crafts town as well as give all his talented residents an easy outlet for their products. Their main outlets for selling products are craft fairs in Weston. I decided to give it a go. What is interesting about venues like this, apart of possibility of selling? It's a fantastic way get to know local creative people, soak up the atmosphere, and get new ideas. I don't mean new ideas by copying someone’s designs, though!!! It's a great idea for promoting your work. It was my first venue like this, I forgot to bring table-cloth but luckily I didn’t forget to bring my cards and key rings ;)! After running around Weston's High Street I managed to get some wrapping paper in a "mad-blue" colour to cover my table. I got some nice comments about my art and craft work. I managed to sell my "Pink Hearts" painting :))) to a very nice lady, who also does craft by herself. I also managed to sell my favorite cat key ring and some cards. I think for my first market, I didn't do too badly. I will learn on mistakes and remember about table-cloth next time ha, ha, ha... It's lovely to get some positive feedback about your work. I will definitely take part in similar venues, like this one by Made in Weston, in the future.



My freshly designed cards. I had with me yesterday. All hand painted!


Key rings...

...bag decorations...

...are all hand painted.

2 comments:

Camilla said...

HI- I really liked your work, I popped by your stall but didn't stop to chat- think you might've been out hunting for wrapping paper at the time. I was over the other side of the hall selling fabrics and brooches etc. Hope to see you at the next fair!

Nina K. said...

Hi Camilla, thank you for a lovely comment :) I probably was hunting for wrapping paper ha, ha, ha...I got a bit panicky and chaotic. I will definitely take part in the next fair! I really enjoyed it. I already rearranged my days at work :), so I can make it. See you on the next Made in Weston :)!